Calling All Booksellers-at-Heart!
OPEN BOOKS STORE INTERNSHIPS!
Are you the type of person who delights at your guests looking through your books, but spends hours re-organizing them after they leave? Do you save money on your heating bill because the books covering your wall act as insulation? When you see someone using a Kindle on the bus, do you wish it had a dust jacket on it so you could see what they are reading and strike up a conversation about it? Do you think of books as the ultimate social media? Are you fascinated by the rapidly evolving book industry? If so, you may be perfect for a position in the Open Books Store!
The Open Books Store is currently looking for a few good interns who wish to learn the ins and outs of running a nonprofit used bookstore while enriching lives through reading, writing, and the STORED-UP power of used books! Bookstore Intern responsibilities will include:
- Providing blue-ribbon customer service including greeting shoppers, locating sections or titles, recommending books, and helping with transactions
- Assisting with daily store processes and procedures including sorting books and merchandise, stocking shelves, creating displays, and cleaning
- Regular posting on Open Books store social media
- Promoting Open Books’ mission, programs, and opportunities for involvement
- Helping to plan and execute events such as story-time, book clubs, author sessions in the store, sales, and more
- Raising awareness in the community in creative ways
- Helping organize and maintain our Children’s Section. Interest in children’s books is a plus!
Store interns will have the unique opportunity to have direct contact with the general public while affecting change, excitement, and lasting memories in their community! Qualifications include strong communication skills, an outgoing personality, superior organizational skills, and an infectious passion for the written word. Internships last 3-6 months. Though we are never at a loss for something to read, we can’t wait to read your application!
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for an Open Books Store Internship, please submit the following things:
1) A CREATIVE introduction (no cover letters, please!) 2) Resume 3) 2-3 book recommendations or shelf talkers
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By regular mail: Open Books Attn: Kevin Elliott 213 W. Institute Pl. Suite 207 Chicago, IL 60610
Please apply by 09/02/2012, though we may consider late applications
More information: http://www.open-books.org/jobs.php
14 Notes/ Hide
- mllehazelwood likes this
- snack-tray reblogged this from openbookstore
- wishinoo likes this
- openbooksorg reblogged this from openbookstore
- rainy-corners likes this
- serket-lover likes this
- wbnamerica reblogged this from openbookstore
- howlin-road likes this
- darienlibrary likes this
- annaverity likes this
- unabridgedbookstore reblogged this from openbookstore and added:
- openbookstore posted this